We will offer ZOOM training to those that request it. Request training at email@example.com
Class Notes from Zoom Intro. training: zoom_intro_meeting_notes.docx
PowerPoint for new Zoom users :mile_zoom_class_intro.pptx
Notes from Zoom Co-host training:notes_for_zoom_settingsco-hosting_and_hosts.docx
Welcome to MILE ZOOM sessions:
Before your next session, here are some things you will want to know:
- You’ll receive an email with the Zoom link the weekend before the presentations for that week. For security reasons, please do not share the link with anyone who is not a MILE member.
- On the day of the presentation, you’ll be able to click the link into your session 15 minutes before the start time, i.e. between 1:15-1:30 for afternoon sessions and 9:15-9:30 for Great Decisions. The Zoom sessions will be locked 10 minutes after the starting time.
- You will be let in from a Waiting Room (for security reasons) by the host or co-host as soon as they recognize your name. Please be patient, as we will be checking names from our membership list. (If you are using a computer or device that is registered to a different name than your own, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before the session. )
- When you enter, you will automatically be in mute mode. Please remain in mute throughout the presentation. You may ask questions during the presentation by writing the questions in the chat. They will be addressed at the end of the talk. There may also be an opportunity to unmute yourself to ask a question, if there is time, at the end of the session. To unmute, you can click on the microphone or simply press your space bar as you speak.
- You may wish to start in Gallery View, where you can see everyone in the Zoom room (9 dots in a corner of the screen, depending on your device), but you will want to be sure to be in Speaker View, where the speaker/presenter is at the center of the large screen, when the presentation starts.
MILE’s commitment to MxCC and its students remains strong, especially in these challenging times. You may donate to the Extra MILE Fund by writing a check to the MxCC Foundation with “Extra Mile” in the memo section. Funds for the Magic Food Bus will be taken from this fund, as needed. Please mail your donation to:
MxCC Foundation- Extra MILE Fund
Middlesex Community College
100 Training Hill Road
Middletown, CT 06457
The college can also arrange a process for “touchless” food donations. Please email us at email@example.com if you are interested in making such a food donation.